Saturday, February 26, 2011

Anything But A Card Challenge #4

Hi All, Happy Saturday. I hope you have some great weather and awesome plans to go with it. Or maybe some "Crafting" Time..Those are always welcome.

For the February ABAC - It is an Altered Clipboard Challenge. You can alter a regular or mini clipboard to either display a photo or as a message center or even to just use it as a good ole clipboard.

Here is my altered clipboard. I plan to use this for my vacation pictures that I can keep rotating.

Sorry for the not so great photo...

I cut out a piece of pure poppy Card stock (4.5x6.5) and then scored it on the inside at ever 1/4" and then using those score marks I cut out the inside panel using my Fiskars blade knife. I then put some foam dots on it and adhered it to the clipboard. So that way when I want to change the picture, I can simply remove this and insert a new one.

I then embellished the clipboard with some flowers, some tim holtz tape and a old ticket that I had and also with some butterflies. I tied some ribbon to the clipboard handle to jazz it up a bit more.

Here are some close up pictures,



Links to some Tutorials:
-- Beate's Tutorial on SplitCoastStampers
-- Tutorial for creating Advent Calendar
-- Tutorial for Message Center using clipboard by Becky B

Deets:
* You have until March 24th to link up your projects with inLinkz tool below. Please leave a direct link to the project and not to your blog.
* It is okay to combine this with other challenges, but please do give credit to our challenge and blog.
* One random winner will win this package of goodies consisting of a mini clipboard, cork board, two rolls of black and silver ribbon, couple of Clothespin that you can alter, some MM charms and stickers


Hope to see some awesome altered clipboards and get inspired by them. Thanks for stopping by.



2 comments:

  1. That looks seriously difficult for me.... But what u have done with it is amazing.... Hugs)))

    Ash...
    (http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute frame!
    Trish Munro
    http://trishandtreasure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete