Monday, November 22, 2010

Inspired Crafters ABAC Challenge 2



Whoops, the IC Anything BUT a Card challenge is supposed to be on the third Saturday of the month right? Well, my social secretary forgot to remind me LOL! So here it is, a little late, but FIRST the winner of the blog candy from last month's challenge: Lindsay! Congratulations Lindsay. If you would email me your address I will get your prize, a PTI 3rd Anniversary set--Round and Round. You can see her creation HERE (she actually linked under the wrong post, but labeled it for the ABAC challenge).

So without further ado, here is your ABAC challenge for Dec. Create a 3-D item using punches, dies, or templates. It can be an ornament, package decoration, gift box, or just about anything else you can dream up! It doesn't necessarily have to have a holiday theme either--just go wild!

Here I have used a cut file from My Time Made Easy to create a pretty package adornment. This was very quick and easy to do. I cut out the layers with SCAL and my Cricut, scored the petals, sponged the edges with Shimmer paint, and attached each layer to the next with foam tape. I put some metallic dew drops in the center.
Here I just used my SU ornament punch 4 times, scored and adhered them together with a loop down the center for a cute little ornament, or it would be a cute 3-D gift tag. Super quick and simple!
You can see lots of adorable ideas for 3-D items and find lots of templates on Splitcoast Stampers for FREE! Lauren even has a freebie or two on her site. Use the linky below to provide a DIRECT link to your post. If you upload to an online gallery please use the code ICCABAC2.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Amy thank you! I;m sorry I couldn't find your email address (it is early, only one cup of coffee in me LOL) but here is my email: artstudiosofbangor (AT) yahoo (DOT) com if you email me I'll send you my info. Thanks again and I can't wait to play a long this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are very cool!! love the poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete